Sunday, October 28, 2007

To my brother

The day you left, the world stopped

My heart was torn and I was shocked

The news stroked me like lighting

They were so sudden, I thought you were lying

I cried, I prayed, I begged God to bring you back

But he said: “Wait, in My time he’ll be come right back on track!”


I trust He has a reason whatever it might be

As I’m blindfolded and the future can’t see

He takes my hand as He whispers in my ear:

“Trust Me, you have nothing to fear”


I try to imagine what would be like

Not having you here

Fighting in the best army

For the next couple of years

I find myself confused and I’m tempted to fear


It’s hard to see, it’s hard to trust

When you love someone a lot

You want to help, choose for them, and do what’s right

Bring all sorrow to an end


But my prayers will make it alright

Every time you throw your head back

Feeling like you can’t make it through the night

This to let you know I’m around

For in spirit, no time or space can keep me bound


I trust He has a reason whatever it might be

As I’m blindfolded and the future can’t see

He takes my hand as He whispers in my ear:

“Trust Me, you have nothing to fear”


God knows you’re not prefect

And he never expected you to be

Whenever u find it’s the right time

Here I’ll be, waiting…

With arms open wide

Josie

No comments: