Saturday, August 11, 2007

Kids....

I’m blessed to live with 6 kids, of different ages, personalities and traits, its just amazing to watch them learn and grow.

I teach Emily(3) and her sister Amanda (4), and this age is just the coolest age because they say all kinds of cute things, Amanda wants to be big and do all these big kids things, Emily is extremely spacey and bubbly. I could sit all day and watch these 2 together and just laugh and laugh. The following are 2 cute things that happened just this last week.

Dental floss situation

Before shower time…. since I’ve been doing this teeth treatment I have to be very careful and floss everyday.

So I got a piece of dental floss and Amanda looks at me and asks: “Josie, why are u using gentle floss?” I started laughing and I told her “honey, its called dental floss!” and so I kept on and she also kept on staring at me. Eager to partake of it too she sits beside me almost like the camels nose, and grabs the other end of the floss and tries to floss all by herself. I’ll tell you, it was a magic moment, If had a camera right there, I would’ve taken a picture….both of us flossing on the bathroom… Hilarious…. Now everyday, before shower time she faithfully asks “Auntie Josie are you gonna gentle floss today?….awwwwww!

Ovo mexido or scrambled eggs?

So we’re doing this major push for Emily and Amanda to learn how to speak Portuguese and use it more, Windy(3) learn how to speak English and also use it on the day to day, they’re all very smart so they’ve been getting it really fast, its amazing.

I was monitor this last Friday so I had to wake the kids up(which I did very happily with a guitar in hand), make their breakfast, the whole deal.

After they drinked their banana milk, I asked: “ Ok, girls I have a question, do you girls want scrambled eggs or egg in the hole?” Emily looks at me and says “ Eu quero ovo mexido!” and Amanda does the same, when it comes to Windy’s turn she looks at me with all the conviction in the world : “I want crambled eggs, Auntie Josie Pie!”

I laughed so hard, it was so funny!I was pretty amazed to get such cute and funny response from the 3 of them.

Ovo mexido means scramble eggs by the way, there you go you learned a new word in Portuguese….

1 comment:

Jaydee and Terri said...

That's so cute. I would love to meet those munchikins.
-Terri