Sunday, October 08, 2006

My Song for 2006

People wish a lot of things for their new years, what I do is I usually get a song and claim it as mine and its usually something Im going through or that I feel. here is the song Ive chosen for this year, even though its almost over. Its still happening in my life...
It made cry a couple of times. the words are really deep and it has helped me understand that the Lord has a plan in our lives and what may seem like something bad is actually something good.


Blessing in Disguise
Verse 1
I never thought the desert would be so beautiful to me.I tried so hard to stay away from that place of misery.Through burning sand and lifeless valleys, threatened by the sun.I knew life was full of adventure, but for me this wasn't really one.
Chorus 1
I've traveled far, I've traveled wide, and I know Jesus never left my side.Compared to the love He placed in my life, I can say I never sacrificed.I've had my lows, I've had my highs, and when I felt my soul was paralyzed,He heard my cry and said, "You'll understand someday why it is a blessing in disguise."
Verse 2
How can my journey through the desert be worth all that I've gone through?It all seemed so overwhelming to lose everything but You.You said, "How can you say I'm all you need unless you've lost all else? How can you say that you trust Me until you give to Me yourself?"
Chorus 1
I've traveled far, I've traveled wide, and I know I never sacrificed.I've had my lows, I've had my highs, and when I felt my soul was paralyzed,He heard my cry and said, "You'll understand someday why it is a blessing in disguise."
Verse 3
When we reached the end of the desert and our journey had met its endI looked into the eyes of Jesus. He was now much more than a friend.The closeness we found together turned the desert sand to gold And made it a beautiful place, worth more than riches untold.
Chorus 3
I've traveled wide, and I know Jesus never left my side.Compared to the love He placed in my life, I can say I never sacrificed.I've had my lows, I've had my highs, and when I felt my soul was paralyzed,He heard my cry and said, "You'll understand someday why it is a blessing." Chorus 4
I've traveled far, I've traveled wide, and I know Jesus never left my side.Compared to the love He placed in my life, I can say I never sacrificed.I've had my lows, I've had my highs, and I've discovered sorrow's sweet surprise,And now I know, yes, now I understand today why it was a blessing in disguise.

No comments: